The Abrasive Wheels Training course provides participants with the knowledge and skills in the safe use of abrasive wheels in the workplace.
Course Duration: 3.5 Hours
Location: Can be done online, onsite at your facility, or at a location near you.
Maximum learners per course: 12
- Applicable legislation
- Range of wheels and equipment
- Range of hazards and controls
- Methods of inspection and testing
- Selecting and mounting
- Requirements for PPE
- Assessing learners
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- identify different types of abrasive wheels
- identify hazards and controls that can be used to prevent accidents while working with abrasive wheels
- outline the methods of testing and inspection requirements
- instruct on the methods of selecting and mounting a variety of wheels
- explain dressing / maintenance requirements
- outline the requirement for appropriate PPE for various tasks
- identify methods of assessing competency of learners
Certification and assessment
Learners who successfully complete the course will receive a Corrib Training Certificate in Operation of Abrasive Wheels which is valid for three years.
To be successful delegates must pass:
- Written Assessment 70% pass and practical examination.
Who should attend
This course is ideal for those that need the knowledge and skills of how to use abrasive wheels safely in the workplace.
Those attending this course should have a good command of oral and written English.